Welcome to the
The Rohner Room, located in the Depot’s old ticket office, explores the history of the Rohner family. Henry Rohner emigrated from Switzerland as a teenager in the 1840s, and came to California with the Gold Rush. His general store became the first business in Rohnerville, and at one time he owned nearly all of the land which became the city of Fortuna. Henry Rohner’s widow created Rohner Park in 1907 when she sold twenty acres of the family’s land to the city of Fortuna for $1000, and then pledged $500 toward the creation of the park. Nearly a century later, the pioneers’ grandson Frank Rohner donated a collection of family artifacts to the Depot Museum, and funded museum building improvements in memory of his ancestors.