CITY OF FORTUNA
SOFTWARE CONVERSION MEMORANDUM
The City of Fortuna Finance Department is in the process of updating our financial software. This long overdue change will enable staff to better assist customers with their utility bills, business licenses and payments. The first phase of our new software will begin with utility billing and cashiering. We will be going live with the new software on October 1, 2019, which means customers can expect a new upgraded utility bill the first week of October.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
- City Hall will be CLOSED on Tuesday October 1, 2019 so that staff can complete the final stage of the software implementation.
- Utility billing and reminder notices are changing from postcards to 8.5”x11” invoices and/or notices.
- Shut-off notices will also change from yellow postcards to 8.5”x11” notices mailed in a standard envelope.
- The last auto pay from our current online system will process Monday September 16, 2019; the system will be disabled effective Wednesday September 18, 2019.
- All customers enrolled in auto pay and/or ebill will need to re-enroll on our new system once it is in place; details will be available soon.
We apologize for any inconvenience this transition may cause, however this software update is very important and much needed to improve efficiency and quality of customer service. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the upcoming changes, please feel free to call our office at (707) 725-7600.
Thank you for your patience.
City of Fortuna Finance Department
***If your service is scheduled to be shut off due to non-payment or if there has already been a disruption to your service, DO NOT make your payment online. Please call (707) 725-7600 to pay by telephone or make your payment directly at City Hall, 621 11th Street. ***
Click HERE to continue on to the Online Utility Payment page.