Addendum No. 1
Bid Package for the 2017 Percolation Ponds Rehabilitation Project
Notice Inviting Bids
1. Bid Information. The City of Fortuna (“Owner”), will accept sealed bids for its WWTP Percolation Ponds Rehabilitation Project (“Project”), by or before March 16, 2017, at 2:00p.m., at its City Hall office, located at 621 11th Street Fortuna, California, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any non-substantive irregularities.
2. Project Information.
2.1 Location and Description. The Project is located at the City of Fortuna Waste Water Treatment Facility (180 Dinsmore Drive, Fortuna), and is described as follows:
Project is primarily a repair of damage to Road & Pond including walls to restore a 12 foot roadway and matching existing slope of pond walls. Removal of 24 inches of material from the base of two (2) ponds to a depth of at least one foot below the top of the pumping box, located in the corner of the ponds (approx. 1620 cubic yards, contractor is responsible to verify). If any effluent solids or river silt are visible at this level, it is to be removed as well. Removal of 12 inches of material from the sides of each pond and expose the riprap where applicable (approx. 1032 cubic yards, contractor to verify). Disposal of all removed material is within the project site, and is to be placed and graded at the direction of the Public Works Director. Replacement of material removed from the pond bottoms with screened river run (approx. 1822 tons). Compaction of the pond sides and raking of the pond bottoms will be required prior to project finalization. Contractor shall remove all access ramps into ponds prior to completion.
2.2 Time for Completion. The planned timeframe for commencement and completion of construction of the Project is: Work is to be completed prior to May 1st 2017.
2.3 Estimated Cost. The estimated construction cost is $45,000 (Forty Five Thousand Dollars).
3. License and Registration Requirements.
3.1 License. This Project requires a valid California contractor’s license for the following classification(s): General Class A.
3.2 DIR Registration. Owner will not accept a Bid Proposal from or enter into the Contract with a bidder, without proof that the bidder and its Subcontractors are registered with the California Department of Industrial Relations (“DIR”) to perform public work under Labor Code Section 1725.5, subject to limited legal exceptions.
4. Contract Documents. The plans, specifications, bid and contract documents for the Project (“Contract Documents”) may be obtained from Fortuna City Hall, at 621 11th Street Fortuna, California.
5. Bid Proposal and Security.
5.1 Bid Proposal Form. Each bid must be submitted using the Bid Proposal form provided with the Contract Documents.
5.2 Bid Security. Each Bid Proposal must be accompanied by bid security of ten percent of the maximum bid amount, in the form of a cashier’s or certified check made payable to Owner, or a bid bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California on the Bid Bond form included with the Contract Documents. The bid security must guarantee that upon award of the bid, the bidder will execute the Contract and submit payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates as required by the Contract Documents within ten days after issuance of the notice of award.
6. Prevailing Wage Requirements.
6.1 General. This Project is subject to the prevailing wage requirements applicable to the locality in which the Work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to perform the Work, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes.
6.2 Rates. These prevailing rates are available online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. Each Contractor and Subcontractor must pay no less than the specified rates to all workers employed to work on the Project. The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work must be at least time and one-half.
6.3 Compliance. The Contract will be subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the California Department of Industrial Relations, under Labor Code Section 1771.4.
7. Performance and Payment Bonds. The successful bidder will be required to provide performance and payment bonds for 100% of the Contract Price.
8. Substitution of Securities. Substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments is permitted under Public Contract Code Section 22300.
9. Subcontractor List. Each bidder must submit the name, location of the place of business, California contractor license number and DIR registration number for each Subcontractor who will perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the prime contractor in excess of one-half of 1% of the bid price, using the Subcontractor List form included with the Contract Documents.
10. Instructions to Bidders. Additional and more detailed information is provided in the Instructions to Bidders, which should be carefully reviewed by all bidders before submitting a Bid Proposal.
11. Site Visit. A site visit will be held on March 8, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., at the following location: City of Fortuna Waste Water Treatment Facility (180 Dinsmore Drive) for the purpose of acquainting all prospective bidders with the Contract Documents and the Worksite. The bidders’ conference is not mandatory.
Deputy City Clerk