Bid Package for Fortuna Transit Office ADA Barrier Removal Project
Plans for the Fortuna Transit Office ADA Barrier Removal Project
Addendum #1 - Fortuna Transit Office ADA Barrier Removal Project
Notice Inviting Bids
1. Bid Information. The City of Fortuna (“Owner”), will accept sealed bids for its Fortuna Transportation Office Barrier Removal Project (“Project”), by or before March 23, 2017, at 2:00 p.m., at its City Hall office, located at 621 11th Street Fortuna, California, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any non-substantive irregularities.
2. Project Information.
2.1 Location and Description. The Project is located at 5 Park Street, Fortuna California, and is described as follows:
This project will include all items represented in the attached construction drawings. Generally the project will remove ADA barriers to the Fortuna Transit Office, as well as create a new reception area.
2.2 Time for Completion. The planned timeframe for commencement and completion of construction of the Project is: Sixty (60) Calendar Days.
2.3 Estimated Cost. The estimated construction cost is One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000).
3. License and Registration Requirements.
3.1 License. This Project requires a valid California contractor’s license for the following classification(s): Class B General.
3.2 DIR Registration. Owner will not accept a Bid Proposal from or enter into the Contract with a bidder, without proof that the bidder and its Subcontractors are registered with the California Department of Industrial Relations (“DIR”) to perform public work under Labor Code Section 1725.5, subject to limited legal exceptions.
4. Contract Documents. The plans, specifications, bid and contract documents for the Project (“Contract Documents”) may be obtained from the City of Fortuna, at 621 11th Street, Fortuna CA.
5. Bid Proposal and Security.
5.1 Bid Proposal Form. Each bid must be submitted using the Bid Proposal form provided with the Contract Documents.
5.2 Bid Security. Each Bid Proposal must be accompanied by bid security of ten percent of the maximum bid amount, in the form of a cashier’s or certified check made payable to Owner, or a bid bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California on the Bid Bond form included with the Contract Documents. The bid security must guarantee that upon award of the bid, the bidder will execute the Contract and submit payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates as required by the Contract Documents within ten days after issuance of the notice of award.
6. Prevailing Wage Requirements.
6.1 General. This Project is subject to the prevailing wage requirements applicable to the locality in which the Work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to perform the Work, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes.
6.2 Rates. These prevailing rates are available online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. Each Contractor and Subcontractor must pay no less than the specified rates to all workers employed to work on the Project. The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work must be at least time and one-half.
6.3 Compliance. The Contract will be subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the California Department of Industrial Relations, under Labor Code Section 1771.4.
7. Performance and Payment Bonds. The successful bidder will be required to provide performance and payment bonds for 100% of the Contract Price.
8. Substitution of Securities. Substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments is permitted under Public Contract Code Section 22300.
9. Subcontractor List. Each bidder must submit the name, location of the place of business, California contractor license number and DIR registration number for each Subcontractor who will perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the prime contractor in excess of one-half of 1% of the bid price, using the Subcontractor List form included with the Contract Documents.
10. Instructions to Bidders. Additional and more detailed information is provided in the Instructions to Bidders, which should be carefully reviewed by all bidders before submitting a Bid Proposal.
11. Bidders’ Conference. A bidders’ conference will be held on March
15, 2017 at 10:00a.m., at the following location: the City of Fortuna City
Hall, 621 11th Street, Fortuna for the purpose of acquainting all prospective
bidders with the Contract Documents and the Worksite. The bidders’
conference is not mandatory.
Deputy City Clerk